Monday, December 3, 2012

Video----J Rocc Breaks Down J Dilla Interludes

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!  Good to be back on fertile soil with WISDOM SEEKER, my oasis for dope Hip Hop culture.  It's been thirty long days since I've touched this, but the time away has sharpened my vision and enhanced my senses Hip Hop Blogosphere!  In the past month alone, I've witnessed a plethora of musical and artistic endeavors, be it ratchet or hatchet.  In any event, Wisdom is back spreading the word as only I can.  With a renewed vision for 2013 in my crosshairs, it's high time for me to not only go "Back To The Future" Michael J. Fox-style, but take it back to the essence a la the pioneers of this thing that I love and inhale.  I won't be just touching on the obvious, but I will be reflecting light onto those pushing the culture forward.  In the infamous words of my North Cakalak sista Rapsody of Kooley High fame, CULTURE OVER EVERYTHING!

Off my soapbox, and on to the next one...

What we have here is a J Rocc short video, detailing the interludes of some very hot James Yancey joints.  For those not in the know, Mr. Yancey is the late, great J Dilla (Dilla Dawg, Jay Dee, etc.).  One of my biggest inspirations in this culture when it comes to crafting heat rocks like the new version of Pete Rock, Dilla has been revered by those inside AND outside of the Hip Hop box.  Box may be the wrong term, because listening to some of the aural concoctions from J Dilla will let you know that his music had few, if any, boundaries.  This 1:53 visual brings you into the insular world that was Dilla, at least in terms of his prowess behind the artistry that is beatmaking.  His interludes were doper than many full-blown beats.  J Rocc does a good job when discussing Somewhere Over The Radio.






Peep the vid, courtesy of Bling47 and Okayplayer, and do some diggin' to find out what type of ear Dilla had by combing through the audio treats of Somewhere Over The Radio (the 1979 comedy release from humorists Stevens & Grdnic).

 
 
 
Avant garde will be my calling card, so don't expect any Gucci, Weezy, Fiddy talk on these pages (unless the miraculously step their respective games ALL THE WAY UP!)  Even then, I probably won't have much to say.  I want those underdogs, underlings, underappreciated cats to get shine via WISDOM SEEKER.  Remember the mantra:  BEATS, RHYMES, LIFE...

No comments:

Post a Comment