Friday, March 19, 2010

POEM------"DAY OF RECKONING"

Day of reckoning recognizing what's been wrecking my mind like a 5-car pile up on the Beltway,

Driving me crazy no more because I'm getting out of this automobile whose warranty will expire soon...
Warning me not to be driver and too dangerous as passenger,
I'm passing GO on life's Monopoly feeling Sorry that Uno was dealt a hand that couldn't win...
Can't mend broken heart that sin tore apart so time is upon for me to begin,
New chapter, view rapture, screw adaptin' to situations detrimental to physical, spiritual, mental...
I've been through fire with no water to douse flames on house defamed, defaced, replaced with an empty shell,
Repel the urge to expel any more negative words from mouth dirtied by vile ignorant slander that panders to the devil's evil...
Leave or let Satan invade the orifices of my mind, so I find solace instead at sun shining behind dark clouds ready to unleash downpour,
On the down-trodden, gotta get up and start plotting destination on map you tried to hide so I couldn't seek anymore...
Next tour of duty for this soldier of misfortune is to miss torture, fortunate as it may seem or be,
Be like Common's 6th album, the common outcome is uncommon valor for this valedictorian from the school of hard knocks...



© WISDOM

No comments:

Post a Comment