Sunday, March 16, 2014

"YES INDEED" (INSTRUMENTAL HIP HOP)

I have been working on music (in my head, in theory, virtually) for as long as I can claim Hip Hop. With life taking twists and turns that I could never imagine, I have finally been able to work on my passion on a regular basis. Of course WISDOM SEEKER has taken a backseat because of work and music, but I appreciate the fact that I have this platform to express my thoughts AND shed light on Hip Hop culture as a whole. I am immersed in Hip Hop. Don't believe me? Even as I'm typing this post I am on Ustream with !LLMIND as he is unveiling a new Blap Kit (cop The Red Crayon Killer Samples at http://blapkits.com). I LOVE giving props to those that are deserving, and !LLMIND has been an influential producer on the Hip Hop landscape over the years (check out his work with Skyzoo, for instance). Man Vs. MASCHINE has been a project in the making for the past year, and I'm glad that it is set for release to the masses in a matter of months. It is a long-overdue instrumental album showcasing my love for obscure samples and chop-heavy production. Give it a listen, and you can hear varied influences such as J Dilla, 9th Wonder, Madlib, Pete Rock, Premo (the usual suspects). I can go on and on about those that have made me the producer and beatsmith I am becoming on a daily basis. I will save that for another upcoming post. In the meantime I am ready to unveil "Yes Indeed" for your listening pleasure. Of course this joint can be used as part of my Sample Sunday series that I've been away from for a good while. Peep the Floetry sample, taken from their seminal debut Floetic. That's all I will say for now. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment